Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crazy is as Crazy Says

Today was the straw that broke the camels back. Today I heard Rush Limbaugh tell his audience Democrats "have reformatted the [economic recovery] bill -- they've made it a PDF file when they posted it. And, so, you can read every page, but you cannot keyword search it. It's not a text file as legislation normally is as posted on these public websites. They don't want anybody knowing what's in this."

Gods forbid that anyone actually read a bill cover to cover aside...apparently Rush is so ignorant, that he has never heard of "Ctrl-F" or even bothered to check out the tool bar for the option to search a PDF document for keywords.

Why do people still listen to this douchebag? Like others in his clique (Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, etc...) I can't understand how they are allowed to remain on the air waves and why people still take what they say, at all seriously. These men and others like them prove to us, time and time again, that they are out of touch with reality, society and rational thought.

My biggest peeve about Rush and his buddies is the lack of respect for their own listeners/viewers. When you speak with the intention of informing people about any topic, you should be knowledgeable in that subject. If you ever make a mistake, you should apologize to anyone whose opinion or thought process you may have affected due to your error(s). But most of all, you should never make up facts, or deliver concocted information intentionally, as if it were fact. If you don't know something...do not just make up false facts or conclusions in lieu of doing some research.

I watch a lot of Keith Olbermann and recently, Rachel Maddow. I get flak from a lot of my conservative and/or republican friends that he is just the Liberal equivalent of Rush and Bill-O. Here is why that is not a correct analogy; Keith Olbermann doesn't lie to his viewers.

Find me some clips or transcripts of Keith Olbermann lying or voicing an inaccuracy. Now IF you find some, separate all the ones where he didn't do one of the following: share in advance that he wasn't sure if he was right, acknowledged he was guessing/interpolating known facts or apologize afterward that he broadcast an error. I will be very, VERY surprised if you still have any clips left. If you do manage, somehow, to have found one of these rare clips...keep in mind that I can compile you a list of inaccuracies and lies from almost everyday or every broadcast, from fools like O'reilly and Rush.

So I am announcing my intention to do just that...compile, all that I can find, an archive of the blatant inaccuracies, lies, misleadings and down right horribly unethical statements these guys have broadcast to the masses. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do this, it will obviously be too big for this blog, but I'm gonna start with this one by good ol' Rush. Thanks for the laugh you pill popping fat ass. Enjoy.

No comments: